Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Review: Life Without Lack: Living in the Fullness of Psalm 23

Life Without Lack: Living in the Fullness of Psalm 23 Life Without Lack: Living in the Fullness of Psalm 23 by Dallas Willard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the book my heart and soul needed in this season of my life. I literally finished the last chapter and went to my knees with a heart full of gratitude and knowing that I was experiencing God's presence and peace. This book reconnected me with the Shepherd-heart of God and forever changed the way I read and understand the 23rd Psalm.

There's depth to Dallas Willard's teaching style, but the way he builds one concept on top of the other makes it easy for anyone to follow along.

I have loved Dallas Willard since I discovered him in the book, The Divine Conspiracy, back in 2000. I truly feel like he has mentored me spiritually through his work.

This book is based on a series of talks given by the late author and was edited by his friend, Larry Burtoft and his daughter, Becky Willard Heatley. Having read so many of the authors other books, I felt they did a really good job of re-creating the written "voice" of Dallas Willard.

I'm delighted to have received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher.

View all my reviews

No comments: